Watch as she attempts to dig herself out of debt and navigate the path to wealth.

Monday, June 16, 2014

How Can I Make My Money Work for Me?

People often ask me why I got so interested in the topic of financial freedom and the means of getting there. Well, first of all the topic is money. That's a pretty interesting topic, especially if you're a young girl like me, living in one of the biggest most exciting cities in the world... and you are broke. But the light bulb really went off when I was introduced to a book called, Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki a few years ago. It was a quick read, I flew through it in a weekend. A real page-turner.
One of the biggest tips I took from that book was that I should work my 9-5 but I should also work on MY BUSINESS. My business? What did that mean? It meant that I should be making my money work for me by building my assets. This was eyeopening for me. I was raised to think that you work hard, you get a job, you stay at that job, and you're grateful for it. No one ever told me that I could be working on MY BUSINESS and creating wealth at the same time! 
So what does it mean to build your assets and make your money work for you? Assets are things, both tangible and intangible, that you own that have value and can produce wealth. An example of a tangible asset is real estate. A great idea for someone who has cash to throw down on some property and then rent all or some of it out. 

Things to think about: 
*Work on MY BUSINESS. 
*How can I attain assets and build wealth?
*What types of assets could I own that could put me on the path to wealth?



Send me a message. Did you love the post or hate it? What would you like the next topic to be? Follow me on Twitter @financegirl

No comments:

Post a Comment