Watch as she attempts to dig herself out of debt and navigate the path to wealth.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tips for Finding More Money in Your pocket This Month!


One way to find more money in your pocket and tackle that debt! is to first take look at your expenses to see what you are spending your hard earned cash on. You might be surprised at what you find.
Once you have your list, decide if there are any expenses that you can eliminate. My list looks like this:

Rent
Utilities
Cell phone
Internet
Student loans
Credit card payments
Netflix
Gym
Groceries
Metro Card

My list is pretty pared down, however, I could still make some changes. I could find a less expensive cell phone plan. I could cut that payment in half and have $50 extra/mo in my pocket. I could look for an apt with less expensive rent, something that I am seriously considering. (The rent is too damn high!) I am all about health and fitness and I am a regular at my gym, but do I need a gym membership in the warm months when I can run outside? Or maybe I could find a less expensive gym.
Just a few small changes here and I could have another potential $200-$400 extra in my pocket every month.
It's worth taking a look. Don't let your expenses weigh you down.

Have you tracked your expenses? Where will you cut some corners?

Send me a message. Did you love the post or hate it? What would you like the next topic to be? Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @financegirl


No comments:

Post a Comment